From November 25th till December 1 the European Robotics week took place.
The European Robotics Week offers one week of various robotics related activities across Europe for the general public, highlighting growing importance of robotics in a wide variety of application areas. The Week aims at inspiring technology education in students of all ages to pursue careers in STEM-related fields, i.e. science, technology, engineering and math.
More information on the EU Robotics Week website
In the Netherlands several activities took place:
- On 23 and 24 November the Twente Mini Maker Faire: Twente Mini Maker Faire
- On 26 November the childrens television program Zapplive was on Robotics. (see this link form 34':20'' onwards)
- On 27 and 28 November the Robotics Lab of the University of Twente was open for kids: Open Kids Lab @ UTwente
- On 27 and 28 November: Knowledge Event on Software Development @ Demcon
- On 29 November: Excursion for student to ESPS (part of the WWINN group)
- On 30 November: Regional Final Matches of the First Lego League
Find the Report on EU Robotics Week (especially pages 61 - 66)
Find the Press release of the EU Robotics Coordination Action